Saturday, October 12, 2013

Consumer Data Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYfgKOG-aE


         The writer learned that people have really adopted the functions of the internet and the autonomy it provides in obtaining health information. They have incorporated the internet as part of the tools utilized in their medical plan and future treatment modalities. The internet provides freedom to learn and manage their health as they desire. The writer learned that the statistics presented in the readings have expanded and are much higher as the years advance. These numbers will continue to grow, as the internet usage will continue to be a vital tool in healthcare education and management. 
       This assignment was thought provoking. You had to analyze the data collected and create a format that was capable of displaying the results as compared to the survery data. The readings supported many of the survey results while some of the questions the writer chose were not part of the articles.
        Creating a video was a challenge and I am sorry about the choice of music as it was all that I could utilize from my files. I never thought I would ever have my name on You Tube.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alanna,
    Great you tube video! I thought the assignment was a great learning experience as well, which allow reflection on how health care professionals should look towards social media as a way to present health care information to consumers. I especially liked the fact that you included graphs for the consumers who may be visual learners. I agree with your reflections about this being the norm of disseminating health care information to consumers. Your choice of background music was appropriate. It didn't take away from the purpose of the project. I was able to follow your delivered information without being distracted by the music.
    Thanks for the wonderfully composed video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. When I first read the assignment I panicked but it was better than I anticipated. I just had to break it down into smaller pieces. I figured the graphs were simple but visually easier to see. I am glad you liked them and the video.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the video. Like you I found this to be a great and challenging assignment. I didn't have to do this in any of my classes so I had to teach myself how to use the software. It was fun learning how to use a different media but a little nerve racking because I had a heard time downloading it onto my computer.

    As for your selection in music, I didn't think it was bad. I found it soothing as I read your presentation.

    ReplyDelete